- We are Wedel Art. Our company number is 05072515 and our registered office address is Newcombe House, 45 Notting Hill Gate, London, W11 3LQ. We are the Data Controller in respect of your personal data.
If you have any questions about how we use your personal data, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- We collect the following categories of personal data:
- your name;
- your contact information such as your address, email address and telephone number;
- you billing address (for transactional purposes);
- details of your art collections and previous purchases from us;
- details of artworks which you are interested in; and
- details about how and when you were first introduced to us.
- We are collecting your personal data for the following purpose(s):
- to provide you with information about prospective purchases and Wedel Art’s services;
- to help us understand your needs and objectives, and to tailor our services to you;
- to keep you informed about art work, artists and events that we think you may find interesting;
- to carry out our obligations under any agreement between you and Wedel Art;
- to communicate with you; and
- to administer, manage and develop the website (including support and maintenance) and keep the website safe and secure.
- Where you are one of our clients or suppliers, or have signed up to received Wedel Art’s newsletter or to be otherwise contacted for marketing, we may send you information about our services, events which we believe may be of interest to you and prospective works of art for sale which we believe you may be interested in.
If you wish to stop receiving the newsletter or any marketing emails from Wedel Art, you may unsubscribe at any time by emailing email@example.com.
- The legal basis for processing your personal data:
- is that it is necessary for the performance of a contract between you and Wedel Art (for example, if you engage us to assist you with your art purchase). In these circumstances, you are required to give us your personal data further to the contract. If you do not supply us with your personal data, it might delay or prevent us from providing you with our services;
- is that it is in the legitimate interests of Wedel Art (for example, operating and making the website available and providing you with information about Wedel Art’s services);
- is in order to comply with our legal obligations; or
- is that you have given your consent, where you have requested us to contact you about upcoming events, prospective artworks or to provide you with Wedel Art’s newsletter and any other relevant information. You may withdraw your consent at any time by giving us notice. By withdrawing your consent, you will no longer receive our marketing emails regarding upcoming events, prospective artworks or our newsletter.
- From time to time, we may share your personal data with a small number of companies providing services to us including our advisers, carriers and insurers, and any prospective buyer of the Wedel Art business or assets.
- We do not currently transfer your personal data outside the European Economic Area (EEA). If this changes at any point we will try our best to make sure that those individuals or companies receiving your information outside of the EEA, keep it safe and in compliance with European data protection law.
- If you are involved in the sale of an artwork through Wedel Art, we will keep certain documents (which may include your personal data) which are necessary for art provenance purposes indefinitely. Wedel Art will keep all other personal data for as long as may be required for the purposes set out above or to comply with any legal obligation.
- You have the right to request from us access to or erasure of personal data or to restriction of processing concerning you or to object to our processing of the data as well as the right to data portability. If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We aim to keep your personal data up to date and accurate, at all times. Please let us know if your personal details need to be updated, by contacting us at email@example.com.
- You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office about the manner in which we process your personal data.